~ Jennie & Shawn ~ MARRIED!

It's not everyday I have to put my car on a ferry boat to get to a wedding, but this day was an exception.
Jennie and Shawn said "I do" at her parents gorgeous property in Golden Eagle Illinois.  The setting was breathtaking, at one point I remember asking Jennie's mom if she would adopt me so I could live there with them.  I promised my kids were well behaved :) 
I saw this note lying on the bed.  It was dated 16 years ago and handwritten by her Grandma, it read:

 "Jenny, this is your Great Grandmothers Hankie, carry it on your wedding day, Love Granny"

I took a photo, knowing the gravity of the moment as I just lost my Grandma a couple years ago and delicately asked  

"How long has it been since your Grandma passed away?" - 

Jennie was like  

"Dude she's not dead, she's in the next room" 

We both got a good laugh out of it and it made the story even better. 
Check out this tall drink of water ;)  He and Jennie make such a fun couple,  I just adored them.
I'm not a personal fan of detail shots.  I take them at weddings because I should, but I would always rather take photos of people than things.   However, her parents property had so much unique character, and Jennie put so much attention to detail in her decor I found myself snapping away. 
Doesn't ever little girl dream of getting married in her parents backyard?

Our Sponsors

#
#
#
Designed by FlexyCreatives