~4th of July~



Every family has their traditions, whether it's Grandmas pumpkin pie on thanksgiving, or reading "twas the night before Christmas" on Christmas eve...or shooting Roman Candles out of your butt-cheeks on the 4th of July....okay I'll get to that in a minute.

But first let me say I adore the 4th of July. Our city fireworks are shot off about 50 yards from our front door so we have a big party because our front yard is the best seat in the house!We added this to our backyard this year and it is the best investment ever!

We always walk the kids down to watch the guys set up the fireworks (that's them in the background) - the adorable little guy on the left is my son Rocky with his cousins.Nothing brings back childhood memories like the smell of those darn snakes!My hubby pitches a mean game of wiffle ball!My brother is the fireworks "master" he is in charge of anything that explodes.My cousins Pat and Jamie brought one of the "Big Daddy" fireworks this year, it rocked.Luci (my daughter) and her Pa PawLuci and her Aunt ChrisRight after the photo above this happened....(hey at least she has good taste in beer)Me & the kids.My mama.RockyJo Jo (my neice)Okay, now let me explain. In the photos below A) No one was drunk and B) All the little kids were inside by now watching The Backyardigans...

On with the non-sense. Every year it is tradition for the adults in my family to act like complete morons with the fireworks. It's almost like a contest to see who can get sent to the emergency room first.

Here is my brother doing the Roman candle out of the butt-cheeks thing.And his 6 shooter crotch rocket that he made himself.Of course that's not enough...we all have to take turns jumping through the fireworks as well. And it's not just us younger ones my 50 year old mother and nearly 60 year old father have done it too.

We are total and complete morons, Jimmy and I both come from big loud and crazy families and this is what happens when we all get together. I hope you guys had a great 4th of July too!

Our Sponsors

#
#
#
Designed by FlexyCreatives