~ Downtime ~

Work for photographers usually slows down this time of year. That's actually a good thing, it give us time to re-charge our mental batteries and do a few things for ourself.

One of the things I have been working on is my cookbook! I am so excited! It is not a cookbook to be sold, but rather a cookbook for our family. It will be a nice, hardback book to be kept and passed down. Not that my cooking is anything special, but I do like to do it, and I hope that one day my kids will make a few of these recipes for their families one day.

Some of them are recipes passed down from my Grandma Sally, some are from friends and a few I made on my own. None of them are fancy, or trendy, or loaded with weird crap nobody wants to eat. We eat very normal stuff here in the Manno House.

We, like most families have about 20 meals we rotate over and over, I thought it would be nice to have them all condensed in one space.

Here is one of our family favorites:


Bowtie Alfredo with Meatballs


1 stick of butter (room temperature)

¾ cup shredded parmesan cheese (not grated)

1 cup heavy whipping cream

1 box bowtie pasta

1 bag of frozen meatballs (Swedish, Italian, or home-style are the best)

Italian seasoning


Boil and cook noodles in a large pot and set aside.


Cook meatballs according to instructions on package. ( I use about 32 meatballs when making this dish)


In a medium size bowl mix butter, cheese and cream into a “blob” of stuff.


Add the cooked meatballs and your “blob” to the noodles in the large pot. Stir around on a low heat for about 5 minutes until your blob is totally melted.


Garnish with Italian seasoning and some more parmesan cheese and serve.


*Notes – for a more “saucy” alfredo add more cream, for a stickier alfredo add more cheese.

I will share more once the book is done!

Our Sponsors

#
#
#
Designed by FlexyCreatives