April 18, 2011

~ Thinking outside the Box ~

I love when families give me a chance to be creative.  Donna is a friend of mine, she is also my "brain sister,"  because we think so much alike it's scary. 

So when it was time for her family photos I thought "You know...there is no rule that family photos have to be in a park.  If anyone is going to let me try something different it's Donna!"  With her two hip little boys, I knew we could make an urban setting work.  She was totally game and showed up with her cute little family wearing matching Chuck Taylors... girlfriend knew just want I was thinking ;)


Look at little Roman, his big brown eyes are to die for and this photo makes me swoon....what a little stud.  He will be such a heartbreaker one day.  Definitely one of my favorite photos I've ever taken of him.

We did head over to a park for the last few minutes of the session because Milo is only 7 months, and and we needed a safe place for him to roll around and get on the floor for some photos.
So now...I present to you.... Mommy & Milo in the grass- WAY too many cute ones for me to pick so I am just going to post a bunch of them because I love them all.


The family that looks like they should come in the picture frames you buy at Target.

5 comments :

Jenna said...

Awesome pics. I love the lighting in the park. It finishes off those pictures perfectly.

Lisa Scherer said...

Donna's family is so beautiful! Love me some urban pics :)

Shefali Lindsey said...

Gorgeous family and gorgeous shots!!! Those boys are TOO stinking cute but wouldn't expect anything less since their mama and papa are GORGEOUS! Great job, Kelly!

Pamela said...

one photo is sweeter than the next!

Don Hawkins said...

Great photographer + beautiful people = Awesome photos!