~ Life moves fast..Better get some pictures ~

Believe it or not I am not the mom who drags her camera everywhere. Taking my camera somewhere is like bringing along an extra kid, and I have enough of those - ha! I have to keep my eye on it, make sure it doesn't get hurt, or broken, and honestly...most of the time it just makes me nervous. But I started feeling bad for my kids that their mama is a photographer and spends all her time making memories for other people. So I decided that for ONE weekend I would bring my camera everywhere we went. And it...was awesome.It started with Rocky wanting to practice baseball with Dad so we headed to an abandoned ball field near our house. I brought a blanket to spread out, some nail polish and some other girly stuff for me, Luci and Libby Lu.
But as we headed out the door we heard "Wait! Sissy wants to play beesball" and so she ran for her Cardinals gear she wears to the MLB games and off we went.She was in heaven putting on a glove for the first time and learning the ropes from Dad....Cutest Darn ball player I've ever seen!


Me and Libby Lu opted for that blanket it the shade...
Besides, we had better things to do...like practice tummy time, chew on our fingers, and smile at mama. (On a side note I asked my husband the other day if he thought they mixed up the babies at the hospital because it's just amazing that he and I created this cute of a kid)
I keep telling Rocky he is going to bite his tongue off if he keeps hanging it out when he's catching pop ups.
And so the next day brought more beautiful weather and we headed to a very special place.
It's called Lake Sherwood, and it is magical. My husband grew up coming here because his parents bought some land and always planned on building a little log cabin. But life got in the way and it never happened. But they still own the property so we can still visit and play.

Luci....was Luci....all she knows how to be.


I said "Rocky Smile" "I'm trying mom!" Darn Goggles!

Even Miss Rolly Polly got her toes in the water, the girls were a big hit with their coordinating swim suits.

But then...we had better things to do....like lay in the shade and chew on our fingers.
She got tired of having a wet suit on, so I stripped her nekkid, gave her a binky, stuck her in the shade and she was in heaven. She drifted off to sleep listening to the sound of the waves.

My favorite part of this lake is my husband and I get zero cell phone reception out here, which for me is a little slice of heaven. If I didn't have kids or my own business there is no way I would own a cell phone. I dislike nearly everything about them.

This place is magic, and we have big plans for it. A boat in a couple years, and maybe, just maybe in 10 years the little log cabin his parents always wanted.

The next night took us to my favorite place in the world. My hometown, Granite City IL, more specifically the local Elks festival in Granite City.Joined by my parents the night was nothing short of awesome.


Luci, and her maw maw riding the carousel.
Luci played her favorite carnival game ever and she won! (Not that Mommy helped or anything) but when we were done the "Carnie" said "Ya'll just got schooled by a 2 year old"
Rocky tried his hand at a few games too!


Gotta love the "Carnies" they fit in perfectly in GC :)

Jimmy said to me the other night "You know we live with Punky Brewster right? All she needs is a bandana around her knee" I think he is right. "Punky Power"!!!
My husband gets all queasy at rides which is fine with me, just means I get to have all the fun - Weeeeee!!!




It was such a perfect night for a carnival....rides, games, nothing but junk food like hotdogs and funnel cakes, family and friends I hadn't seen in years, carnivals in Granite City are sorta like High school reunions.

Libby Lu decided to stick with Maw Maw most of the night under the tent.
and under that tent we finished our weekend. With the sweet sticky feel of summer in the air and our bellys full of junkfood we listened to the tunes of Skynrd, Clapton and any other Southern Rock Gods you can name. We danced, we jammed, we laughed, and we lived.
Life moves fast...better get some pictures.

Our Sponsors

#
#
#
Designed by FlexyCreatives