~ Thanksgiving Delivered ~

Thanksgiving delivered in all sorts of beautiful ways.  My husband and I come from 2 large families so it's always a very long, loud, fun day.   My husband is the youngest of 9 children.  Those 9 children had 14 Grandchildren and we all get together at "Aunt Annies" house.   


I very rarely bring my camera to family events and holidays.   Maybe once every 3 or 4 years.  I'm glad I did, it's been too long since we've gotten some family photos....even if they all do grumble and groan the whole way through it :)
This Holiday was extra special at Aunt Annies.   My nephew, Sergeant Joseph Manno, returned from his tour of duty in Afghanistan one day before Thanksgiving.    We all counted our blessings a little more that he was home and safe.    The compound he was in was under some awful mortar attacks while he was deployed and everyone breathed a little easier with him home. 
We love you Joey and we are so very proud of you. 
Libby Lu had an extra friend at the dinner table.  She loves to share :)
...and she was a kissing bandit.

And I make a pretty awesome Apple Pie.
So we waddle out of Annies house belly stuffed and jeans un-buttoned only to drive to my Moms house in Illionois and have another Thanksgiving.    Always to be greeted by my mother taking the Turkey out with Rollers still in her hair. 
My mom is one of 8 kids.  Those 8 kids had a whopping 23 grandkids.  And those 23 grandkids?  Heck, I'm not even going to count how many we've popped out.   But my moms house is always fun.  Her house is pretty small which only makes it better, everyone is on top of each other, talking over each other, with parades of little ones running from room to room. 
My Uncle Ricky came in town and brought some old newpaper cutouts of me.   One is a "Why I love my Mom" contest that I won, the other is an old Beauty Pageant announcement. 
I can't stop looking at this photo of my big boy.  I love it with all my heart.  These have to be some of my favorite pictures I've taken of Rocky ever. 
I took a couple outside photos of the family, but then a really competitive game of "Rook" broke out and I put my camera down and didn't take as many photos as I did at Annies.   But here are a few. 
This is Baby Turkey, this Holiday belongs to him.  I told you about it before here. 
I hope you had a beautiful and blessed Thanksgiving too. 





Our Sponsors

#
#
#
Designed by FlexyCreatives